Friday, November 5, 2010

Google Chrome, PINned tabs and notifications

Browser Google Chrome has an interesting feature "PIN tab" that makes the tab smaller and also saves it, so all pinned tabs are automatically reopened on next startup of the browser.


PINned tab v Google Chrome
Google Chrome - PINned tabs
I didn't use this feature for a long time, because I don't see the title of the pinned tab, but only the favicon, and so I don't know about for email for example.
Just today I noticed that Chrome has a solution also for this situation. If there is something new on the page, there's a light efect above the tab (see the bellow images)
This notification is not very striking, but it simply works and so I don't have to click on the tab. Just quick look and I see if there is something new.
Plus it does not only work for Google services, but seems to work for all pages (I tried  Meebo). Share your experience in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment